Recently popular for some reason
- Taranaki exploration ideas (4)
- Tragedy near Kime Hut (20)
- A Fortunate Outcome at Kapakapanui (5)
- Overseas tourists and park access fees (3)
- Daniel Hueske (31 May, 2016): I am shocked about the estimate of 70% of...
- Checking out the Paekakariki Escarpment Track (10)
- Mike McGavin (5 March, 2016): It’s nearing completion for an official...
- Thoughts about a Pouakai Crossing route (4)
- Mike McGavin (2 February, 2016): Update: There’s been more on the...
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (15)
- Bonnie Somerville (2 February, 2016): Great description. I’d seen a...
- The Price of Great Walks (13)
- Preserving Outdoor Access (2)
- izogi (25 January, 2016): Oops, thanks! Fixed.
- Groups Staying Together (8)
Tag Archives: maps
Topographic maps worldwide often appear utilitarian, if not a little boring graphically. By comparison the new 260s were stylish and modern without losing any utility. They were undoubtedly among the best looking topographic maps in the world. —David Balm, In … Continue reading
I’m not too surprised that there’s reported resistance to renaming South Ridge on Aoraki Mount Cook to be Hillary Ridge. The official proposal and request for submissions by the New Zealand Geographic Board, complete with a report of considerations and … Continue reading