Recently popular for some reason
- Ordering of Priorities (5)
- Checking out the Paekakariki Escarpment Track (6)
- Mike McGavin (30 April, 2015): Apparently work is now restarting on the...
- Tramping – A New Zealand History, by Shaun Barnett and Chris Maclean (my thoughts) (2)
- Problems with Salomon Alp-7 GTX boots (17)
- Geraldine Keith (23 March, 2015): I can relate to the problem above, while...
- Trip: Waiaua Gorge to North Egmont (5)
- Trip: Tapokopoko Kotumu Loop (7)
- Tararua Range Hut-Bagging Board Game Experiment (21)
- Recap on the recent Milford Track accident – DOC’s Review (6)
- Mike McGavin (15 December, 2014): That’s true. You really can’t...
- Heuristic Traps of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing (25)
- theresag (14 December, 2014): Just did Tongariro Crossing.Crocs,jeans,t...
- Trip: Rimutaka Mukamuka Runaway (5)
Tag Archives: maps
Topographic maps worldwide often appear utilitarian, if not a little boring graphically. By comparison the new 260s were stylish and modern without losing any utility. They were undoubtedly among the best looking topographic maps in the world. —David Balm, In … Continue reading
I’m not too surprised that there’s reported resistance to renaming South Ridge on Aoraki Mount Cook to be Hillary Ridge. The official proposal and request for submissions by the New Zealand Geographic Board, complete with a report of considerations and … Continue reading