Recently popular for some reason
- Comparing two recent weather-related incidents (8)
- Trip: Tararua Southern Main Range (4)
- Trip: Walls Whare to Totara Flats, and Cone Peak (3)
- Wayne Clark (4 August, 2014): first time i went to walls whare, was supposed...
- The Price of Great Walks (8)
- The Downs and Ups and Downs of Kime Hut (3)
- Kime Hut Replacement is Actually Happening (12)
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (14)
- On New Zealand Conservation Estate Fees for Tourists (5)
- Mike McGavin (14 April, 2014): If anyone’s keen to read David...
- Searching for accounts of attempts on the Schormann-Kaitoke (SK) traverse of the Tararuas (5)
- Megan (11 March, 2014): Hi Shaun – No set date yet for publishing,...
- Daywalk: Ruapehu Crater Lake (2)
- Mike McGavin (10 March, 2014): No worries. Glad it was helpful.
Tag Archives: maps
Topographic maps worldwide often appear utilitarian, if not a little boring graphically. By comparison the new 260s were stylish and modern without losing any utility. They were undoubtedly among the best looking topographic maps in the world. —David Balm, In … Continue reading
I’m not too surprised that there’s reported resistance to renaming South Ridge on Aoraki Mount Cook to be Hillary Ridge. The official proposal and request for submissions by the New Zealand Geographic Board, complete with a report of considerations and … Continue reading