Recently popular for some reason
- The tragedy over the long weekend (24)
- Recap on the recent Milford Track accident – DOC’s Review (5)
- More First Crossings/Intrepid NZ on Television (7)
- Thoughts about a Pouakai Crossing route (3)
- The Price of Great Walks (9)
- Ian Hunt (13 September, 2014): If you walk the track at night and sleep...
- Trip: Tararua Southern Main Range (5)
- Comparing two recent weather-related incidents (9)
- Trip: Walls Whare to Totara Flats, and Cone Peak (3)
- Wayne Clark (4 August, 2014): first time i went to walls whare, was supposed...
Tag Archives: maps
Topographic maps worldwide often appear utilitarian, if not a little boring graphically. By comparison the new 260s were stylish and modern without losing any utility. They were undoubtedly among the best looking topographic maps in the world. —David Balm, In … Continue reading
I’m not too surprised that there’s reported resistance to renaming South Ridge on Aoraki Mount Cook to be Hillary Ridge. The official proposal and request for submissions by the New Zealand Geographic Board, complete with a report of considerations and … Continue reading