Recently popular for some reason
- Thoughts on another Tararua rescue (3)
- The Commodification of Wild Places (1)
- Wayne (1 January, 2018): What he said
- The absurdity of Ruataniwha (1)
- A J Wilson (7 July, 2017): It also was a private scheme and the swap...
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (17)
- Chris (25 April, 2017): Kia ora Mike, Thanks for your account of this...
- High Misadventure by Paul Hersey (my thoughts) (28)
- Floyd Pond: A New Tararua Lake (8)
- Rising hut fees, the price of being honest (20)
- One Way Communication (12)
- Daywalk: The Kapakapanui Triangle (3)
- madpom (27 November, 2016): Manga one south turnoff is marked by a Give Way...
- Is this normal? (4)
- Gazza (21 November, 2016): seems weird. I haven’t been there myself...
Tag Archives: mokihinui river
After walking from the southern branch a couple of years ago, it’s fantastic to see that the Mokihinui River has been saved from flooding by a hydro dam. The project was granted resource consent in 2010 pending a likely appeal … Continue reading
Following from this decision, it’s interesting to read on Stuff that the Department of Conservation is now appealing the decision to allow damming of the Mokihinui River. (That’s the river we went for a walk along back during new year.) … Continue reading