Recently popular for some reason
- Floyd Pond: A New Tararua Lake (3)
- Rising hut fees, the price of being honest (19)
- Allan Thomas (18 March, 2017): Make overseas trampers pay a $100 fine if...
- One Way Communication (12)
- Daywalk: The Kapakapanui Triangle (3)
- madpom (27 November, 2016): Manga one south turnoff is marked by a Give Way...
- Is this normal? (4)
- More Group Coordination Problems (7)
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (16)
- Sarah Wright (13 October, 2016): Thanks for sharing your story of your climb...
- Ngauruhoe Rock Falls (4)
- Daywalk: The Complete Paekakariki Escarpment Track (2)
Tag Archives: mokihinui river
After walking from the southern branch a couple of years ago, it’s fantastic to see that the Mokihinui River has been saved from flooding by a hydro dam. The project was granted resource consent in 2010 pending a likely appeal … Continue reading
Following from this decision, it’s interesting to read on Stuff that the Department of Conservation is now appealing the decision to allow damming of the Mokihinui River. (That’s the river we went for a walk along back during new year.) … Continue reading