Recently popular for some reason
- Daywalk: The Kapakapanui Triangle (5)
- Daywalk: Walking the length of the Kaiwharawhara Stream (5)
- Dod (29 June, 2019): I once managed to get to a portion you missed by...
- A Brief Question: Public Land Access Rights and DoC (4)
- Alison Giblin (27 March, 2019): Can we apply for a Reserve to be made a...
- Trip: Kiwi Saddle, Studholme Saddle, Mackintosh Hut (2)
- Trip: Dawson Falls, Waiaua Gorge and Lake Dive Loop (2)
- Daywalk: Pouakai Hut from Mangorei Road (3)
- Colleen (5 January, 2019): The boardwalks are there to stop people damaging...
- A sad Tararua tale of the usual sorts of reasons (2)
- Thoughts on another Tararua rescue (3)
- The Commodification of Wild Places (1)
- Wayne (1 January, 2018): What he said
- The absurdity of Ruataniwha (1)
- A J Wilson (7 July, 2017): It also was a private scheme and the swap...
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (17)
- Chris (25 April, 2017): Kia ora Mike, Thanks for your account of this...
- High Misadventure by Paul Hersey (my thoughts) (28)
Tag Archives: rimutakas
This write-up will be far too long compared with the few hours that I spent on actually walking it, but whatever. 😛 With a spare day, I thought I might drive around to Catchpool Valley, where I haven’t been for … Continue reading
The Orongorongo Valley is a nearby place that I’ve overlooked quite a lot. In once sense it’s too close, which isn’t a fair way to judge somewhere. It’s also relatively popular, with roughly 100 locked private huts and batches dotted … Continue reading
Off the northern end of Mt McKerrow. Usually when I go out with the trampey club, it’s on overnight and weekend trips. The club runs many daywalks around the Wellington region too, however, and I thought I might join in … Continue reading
It seems I’ve actually only been out tramping five times this year, and three of those times have been in nearly the same place (near Holdsworth and Mitre Flats). I find this depressing in a way, but I guess it’s … Continue reading
Near the start of the Orongorongo Track. Today’s walk was around the Rimutakas, once again centred on Catchpool Valley. Date: 11th November, 2007 Location: Rimutaka Forest Park People: Annemarie, Stijn, David, Andrew, and me. [Photos] This is a fairly standard … Continue reading