Recently popular for some reason
- Floyd Pond: A New Tararua Lake (3)
- Rising hut fees, the price of being honest (19)
- Allan Thomas (18 March, 2017): Make overseas trampers pay a $100 fine if...
- One Way Communication (12)
- Daywalk: The Kapakapanui Triangle (3)
- madpom (27 November, 2016): Manga one south turnoff is marked by a Give Way...
- Is this normal? (4)
- More Group Coordination Problems (7)
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (16)
- Sarah Wright (13 October, 2016): Thanks for sharing your story of your climb...
- Ngauruhoe Rock Falls (4)
- Daywalk: The Complete Paekakariki Escarpment Track (2)
Tag Archives: rimutakas
This write-up will be far too long compared with the few hours that I spent on actually walking it, but whatever. 😛 With a spare day, I thought I might drive around to Catchpool Valley, where I haven’t been for … Continue reading
The Orongorongo Valley is a nearby place that I’ve overlooked quite a lot. In once sense it’s too close, which isn’t a fair way to judge somewhere. It’s also relatively popular, with roughly 100 locked private huts and batches dotted … Continue reading
Off the northern end of Mt McKerrow. Usually when I go out with the trampey club, it’s on overnight and weekend trips. The club runs many daywalks around the Wellington region too, however, and I thought I might join in … Continue reading
It seems I’ve actually only been out tramping five times this year, and three of those times have been in nearly the same place (near Holdsworth and Mitre Flats). I find this depressing in a way, but I guess it’s … Continue reading
Near the start of the Orongorongo Track. Today’s walk was around the Rimutakas, once again centred on Catchpool Valley. Date: 11th November, 2007 Location: Rimutaka Forest Park People: Annemarie, Stijn, David, Andrew, and me. [Photos] This is a fairly standard … Continue reading