Recently popular for some reason
- Daywalk: The Kapakapanui Triangle (5)
- Daywalk: Walking the length of the Kaiwharawhara Stream (5)
- Dod (29 June, 2019): I once managed to get to a portion you missed by...
- A Brief Question: Public Land Access Rights and DoC (4)
- Alison Giblin (27 March, 2019): Can we apply for a Reserve to be made a...
- Trip: Kiwi Saddle, Studholme Saddle, Mackintosh Hut (2)
- Trip: Dawson Falls, Waiaua Gorge and Lake Dive Loop (2)
- Daywalk: Pouakai Hut from Mangorei Road (3)
- Colleen (5 January, 2019): The boardwalks are there to stop people damaging...
- A sad Tararua tale of the usual sorts of reasons (2)
- Thoughts on another Tararua rescue (3)
- The Commodification of Wild Places (1)
- Wayne (1 January, 2018): What he said
- The absurdity of Ruataniwha (1)
- A J Wilson (7 July, 2017): It also was a private scheme and the swap...
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (17)
- Chris (25 April, 2017): Kia ora Mike, Thanks for your account of this...
- High Misadventure by Paul Hersey (my thoughts) (28)
Tag Archives: shoes
For all of today, Wellington was doing a cute thing that it does several times a year. The clouds come in low over the harbour and drift over the city. Living in the hills, it’s possible to either be inside … Continue reading
Usually I wait until Christmas Eve before doing the Christmas shopping. I figure there’s little point in prolonging the stress when it can be conveniently and efficiently crunched into a few hours on the day before Christmas. This year, I’ve … Continue reading
Well last night I went to clean the remaining dirt of my shoes from a couple of weekends ago, and it was challenging to say the least. It probably wouldn’t have been so bad if it hadn’t been necessary to … Continue reading
Two weeks, three weekends, plus an additional week of drying out time later, my trampey boots finally came back from Christchurch. (This is a 35 minute flight or overnight courier.) They had a note attached from the distributor saying that … Continue reading
So anyway, here’s what happened to my new boots. In summary, be cautious before buying Salomon Alp 7 GTX boots, because in my opinion they aren’t that great. To be fair, my opinion’s probably been influenced by the problems I’ve … Continue reading
Yesterday I went for a walk around the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary (again), after the physio actually suggested that I should go for more walks again to get a better idea of how much my knee’s been improving. The weird thing … Continue reading
Well I’ve decided after yesterday’s walk that I might try to tone down the walking a bit again for a few days. I took my new trampey boots for a walk around the fence-line of the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary, being … Continue reading
Yesterday I bought some shiny new boots. Someone told me a while ago that New Zealanders don’t have a very good reputation for looking after their trampey gear, so I thought that perhaps I should take a photo of them … Continue reading