Recently popular for some reason
- Thoughts on another Tararua rescue (3)
- The Commodification of Wild Places (1)
- Wayne (1 January, 2018): What he said
- The absurdity of Ruataniwha (1)
- A J Wilson (7 July, 2017): It also was a private scheme and the swap...
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (17)
- Chris (25 April, 2017): Kia ora Mike, Thanks for your account of this...
- High Misadventure by Paul Hersey (my thoughts) (28)
- Floyd Pond: A New Tararua Lake (8)
- Rising hut fees, the price of being honest (20)
- One Way Communication (12)
- Daywalk: The Kapakapanui Triangle (3)
- madpom (27 November, 2016): Manga one south turnoff is marked by a Give Way...
- Is this normal? (4)
- Gazza (21 November, 2016): seems weird. I haven’t been there myself...
Tag Archives: taranaki
Details are still thin, but it’s sad to learn of another death on Mt Taranaki. Not much detail has yet been released, except that an accident appears to have occurred somewhere in the vicinity of Ambury Bluff and Humphries Castle … Continue reading
Recently my attention was caught by Radio NZ briefly publishing an idea about a “Pouakai Crossing” track in Egmont National Park, supposedly to “rival the Tongariro Crossing” according to the headline. On seeing that headline, my first thoughts were admittedly … Continue reading
I’ve been back in Wellington for a week now, but I suppose there’s one lasting impression I wanted to express about Taranaki and specifically New Plymouth which I’ve now visited quite a few times over the last several years. Even … Continue reading
I’m presently in Taranaki, where Stacey’s family lives, so I’ve been going for walks around here in the last short while. A few days after I returned from a 2 night solo walk around another part of Egmont (which I’ll … Continue reading
I forgot to mention that we’re leaving to head up to Taranaki early’ish tomorrow where two different sides of Stacey’s family will be having two separate re-union things, and after that I’m hoping to get out for a couple of … Continue reading
We returned from Taranaki on Thursday, after a nice (albeit short) trip away. I was quite keen to come back to Wellington via Palmerston North, mostly because I haven’t been that way for a very long time, and I really … Continue reading
For the record, here are some more details of my overnight trip around North Egmont, during which I managed to make my knee injury a bit worse. Spending christmas with Stacey’s family in Taranaki was a perfect excuse to go … Continue reading