Recently popular for some reason
- Floyd Pond: A New Tararua Lake (3)
- Rising hut fees, the price of being honest (19)
- Allan Thomas (18 March, 2017): Make overseas trampers pay a $100 fine if...
- One Way Communication (12)
- Daywalk: The Kapakapanui Triangle (3)
- madpom (27 November, 2016): Manga one south turnoff is marked by a Give Way...
- Is this normal? (4)
- More Group Coordination Problems (7)
- Daywalk: Climbing Mount Taranaki from North Egmont (16)
- Sarah Wright (13 October, 2016): Thanks for sharing your story of your climb...
- Ngauruhoe Rock Falls (4)
- Daywalk: The Complete Paekakariki Escarpment Track (2)
Tag Archives: tongariro
Leaving South Crater near the end of spring. A rescue that may have been inevitable occurred in Tongariro National Park on Saturday, when 16 people were rescued from the Tongariro Crossing, at least four of whom were in early stages … Continue reading
The summit plateau during summer, Dome Shelter partly obscured behind. If you followed his blog, you’d think that Craig never leaves his bike behind these days. He occasionally gets out in tramping boots though, which is great because he’s probably … Continue reading
Looking over Whakapapa Skifield, Mt Ruapehu. For two of the last three weekends I’ve been taking a snowcraft course with tongue and meats up at Mt Ruapehu. The course is basically a toned down alpine course, which includes things like … Continue reading
Date: 11th November, 2006 Location: Tongariro National Park Huts visited: Mangatepopo Hut (0 nights), Ketetahi Hut. People: Dave, Celeste, Stacey and me. [Photos] Dave, Celeste, Stacey and I went up to Tongariro National Park for the weekend with the specific … Continue reading